Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Internship Opportunity will be given to a candidate with potential of being an Accountant and will be on short term basis (3 months internship with a likely extension of up to 6 months).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Finance Intern will be responsible for Book Keeping
- The Inter will also handle cash including updating Cash books
- Responsible for filing
- In charge of the preparation of journals
- Perform bank and cash reconciliation
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Commerce or Business administration with a bias in Accounting (BBA/BCOM-Accounting or Finance).
- Part professional qualification (CPA, ACCA, etc.)
- Computer literacy skills with competence in at least one accounting software, and good hands on with Microsoft office packages especially MS Excel
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and good team worker.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (max 3 pages) with day time phone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees via email to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of email or address hard copies to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline