Job Title: Manager Projects
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Programme Coordinator
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The Manager Projects will oversee, coordinate and guide the implementation of UWEP Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Programme management and Coordination:
- Guide the Programme coordinator on effective promotion of the UWEP projects.
- Actively contribute to the development of UWEP Work plan.
- Responsible for preparation of long term Marketing Plan for the Programme.
- The jobholder will develop a Programme Implementation Strategy.
- Manage programme activities related to technical planning, promotion and performance appraisals for Districts and communities thought the Programme cycle.
- Provide guidance to stakeholders to ensure consistency and coherence in the interpretation of UWEP criteria, principles, standards and norms.
- Mentor and train district staff, women leaders and other stakeholders on UWEP activities.
2. Programme implementation and Monitoring:
- Develop annual and medium-term monitoring plans.
- Keenly monitor the progress of on-going UWEP projects to ensure the adherence to set standards, specifications, and agreed implementation of time schedules.
- Guide and make timely recommendations to the National Programme Coordinator, and District leadership on identified Programme implementation strategies and targets.
- The incumbent will organize sensitization programmes for respective actors to address specific issues and promote awareness; enforce shared understanding and working knowledge of UWEP operational systems, tools and procedures.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and annual performance reports of all UWEP programmes in all Districts.
- Plan, coordinate and initiate field appraisal exercises and project justification reports.
3. Team Management & Capacity Building:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to the UWEP Programme staff through regular supervision and feedback on performance.
- Ensure, document and follow up performance evaluation for all staff under her/his supervision.
- Mentor and build the capacity of the staff to improve their range of capabilities related to the program and its activities.
4. Managing Marketing information and Development:
- Responsible for preparation of long term Marketing of Women’s Enterprise Products Plan for the Programme.
- Diagnose the marketing issues within the Programme and develop solutions to them.
- Guide the key programme stakeholders on managing the marketing component of UWEP.
- Render support in market promotion and dissemination of relevant market information in support to the identified enterprises.
- Build linkages with relevant organizations to enhance effectiveness of marketing of products.
- Plan, manage and implement trade fairs to manage market products of the UWEP groups.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the National Programme Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Manager Projects vacancy should preferably hold an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Economic Policy and Planning, Social Sciences, Development Studies, agricultural sciences, Social Work and Social Administration from a recognized University. Possession of a Master’s degree in Social Sector Planning, Management, Development Studies, Economics from a recognized University.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in management and implementation of programmes and knowledge of Training for Community Development and Transformation, Participatory Rural Appraisal or other Community Development related field.
- Competencies: Planning, Organising and Coordinating, Advocacy and networking, Good Interpersonal and communication skills, Result orientation, Financial management, Computer literacy, Ethics and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline is 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline