Job Title: Manager, Portfolio
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, E-Government Services
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The Manager, Portfolio will oversee the portfolio of IT projects that are planned and in-progress across the Government of Uganda (GoU) in order to maximise the value of investments.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with GoU agencies to analyse new IT projects and establish readiness of institutions to take on the projects.
- Take lead of the team of business analysts and systems analysts in providing first level technical support to GoU and her partners
- Oversee the rationalisation of applications, licensing and IT infrastructure across Government.
- Create a collaborative partnership amongst executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders to facilitate resource planning demand, change management and project pipeline decisions.
- Provide oversight and support for e-Government Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategic Planning, and e-Government capacity building and awareness.
- Regularly monitor and report on the inventory and status of all applications across Government;
- Work in liaison with stakeholders in requirements gathering, business analysis and design of e-Government related services. Initiate and coordinate the development of e-Government related policies, standards and guidelines;
- The jobholder will develop and monitor annual work plans and budgets for the IT Portfolio;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Manager, Portfolio career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline. Possession of a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline would be an added advantage
- Professional/ Industry IT Certifications such as ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, OCA, etc..
- Professional / industry certification in project management such as PMP or PRINCE2
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience in the management of enterprise IT systems three of which should have been at supervisory level
- Previous exposure and experience in development of enterprise architecture
- Previous experience in development and management of shared IT services.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of software applications development and delivery planning.
- Portfolio management skills (project intake, resources demand planning and budget management)
- Good project management skills
- Proven skills in running effective meetings, getting buy-in and participation from stakeholders.
- Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 6th June 2016 by 12.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline