Job Title: Manager Management Information Systems
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Manager Management Information Systems will provide technical leadership in the development and management of the Information Systems (MIS) and ICT resources of the MSC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop and implement the required ICT policies and procedures of the MSC.
- Operationalize and maintain the information systems and computer equipment.
- The incumbent will also manage data and provide user support to all departments.
- Plan and manage new and upgraded ICT infrastructure/projects.
- Keenly review and manage the integration of the various systems implemented within the Company.
- Administer and monitor the utilization of the ICT infrastructure and data storage.
- Establish and implement Information System security and contingency plans in line with the Company’s ICT policy.
- Design customized report formats according to the user’s needs.
- The jobholder will also manage the performance of staff under ICT unit.
- Implement and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Develop ICT strategic plan and budget.
- Provide advice and recommendations to management on the latest trends in ICT field.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Efficient and effective ICT systems and tools.
- Adherence to all MSC ICT policies and procedures.
- ICT systems security and effective contingency plans.
- Timely and efficient solutions to all ICT user needs.
- Management, performance and development of staff in MIS.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Microfinance Support Centre Ltd Manager Management Information Systems should preferably hold a Degree (Honours) in Computer Science; Information Technology, Engineering or other related fields from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possession of a master’s degree in any ICT related discipline is a must.
- ICT professional qualification such as CISCO and Microsoft Certification training in database management is a must.
- At least five years’ working experience gained in a reputable company of which 2 (two) should be at a managerial level.
- Good managerial skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- High levels of integrity.
- Ability to develop others.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Good customer care and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an Application Form Summary, download here, and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below. The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline