Job Title: Landscape Manager
Organisation: Pearl Marina Estates Limited
Reports to: Project Manager, Pearl Marina
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Pearl Marina Estates Limited is a wholly-owned Subsidiary of Centum Group. Pearl Marina development is set to become Uganda’s tourism, business and residential destination of choice providing state of the art facilities and urban experience. The development is envisioned to integrate world class premium facilities comprising of tourism and residential facilities including hotels, conferences facilities, luxury apartments, villas, marinas, a hospital, international school, modern office park, retail centre, a wide range of sports and recreational activities. These facilities will be supported by high quality centrally managed infrastructure.
Job Summary: The Landscape Manager will drive the delivery of high quality and award winning landscape environment in Pearl Marina.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop the programme of works and strategy for the Pearl Marina Landscape project.
- Responsible for the overall execution and delivery of Pearl Marina landscape project.
- In charge of setting-up technical capacity within Pearl Marina to undertake landscape construction and maintenance.
- Manage and schedule landscaping team, equipment and material to accomplish the project within the set budget, timelines and quality specifications.
- The incumbent will also plan, organize and supervise the development of landscape programs, specifications, estimates and other contract documents
- Maintain day to day working knowledge of the entire landscaping contract in progress, including completion status, billing and progress payment, deviations / changes from the contract. Keep management aware of the project status at all times
- Manage all field landscaping staff including recommending hiring, training, mentoring and developing expertise to execute the project
- The jobholder will manage, schedule and oversee any post construction maintenance
- Manage and coordinate all required safety training and ensure land scape team adhere to safety rules and regulation all the time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Construction Management or any other relevant discipline. Possession of a relevant Post Graduate qualification will be an advantage
- Active registration with relevant boards
- A minimum of five years’ experience in landscape construction management.
- Excellent track record of successfully leading and executing large land scape projects.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Ugandan design regulations and legislation.
- Effective communicator with the ability to articulate issues to a diverse audience both in person and print.
- Excellent understanding of the whole land scape project development process from project inception, design, approvals construction and maintenance.
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships with a diverse group of institutions and individuals.
- Proven ability to develop new methodologies related to planning and design of integrated developments.
- Proven knowledge of topographical mapping, survey methods and landscape architectural design.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications online at the web link below.
Deadline: 20th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline