Job Title: IT Security Manager (MLC)
Organisation: KCB Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
KCB Bank Uganda which is part of KCB Group, East Africa's largest commercial bank that was established in 1896. Over the years, the Bank has grown and spread its wings into Tanzania, South Sudan, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi completing the East African circuit in the year 2012. Today, the Group has the largest branch network in the region with over 238 branches, 950 ATMs and 8,000 agents offering banking services on a 24/7 basis in East Africa. KCB Bank Uganda was established in the year 2007 and has grown to become one of Uganda's top ten commercial banks. Currently KCB Bank Uganda has 14 branches complemented with 16 ATMs spread on Kampala Road, Commercial Plaza, Ben Kiwanuka, Luwum Street, Oasis Mall Sixth Street, Arua, Elgon Masaba, Fort Portal, Gulu, Hoima, Lira, Mbarara and Jinja that offer trade financing, corporate and retail banking services to customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will interface between IT and Business teams to collate, analyze and review business requirements for system changes requiring developments and new system acquisition. Works hand in hand with the Project Management Office.
- Provide governance on support of the existing systems to ensure timely defect resolution, adherence to readiness procedures, and escalation of system issues as appropriately.
- Establish and/or refine processes and procedures designed to ensure consistently high quality IT service delivery.
- Periodic review of available and new technologies in line with best industry practice to support business growth
- In charge of planning, implementation and management of value added services, e.g. voice, data, channels, software and hardware including virtual systems infrastructure.
- Offer technical support for the bank’s channels including ATMs, mobile banking, internet banking and agency banking systems.
- Working with the card systems support staff, ensure the availability and performance visibility of card systems.
- Develop, test & maintain comprehensive data archiving & recovery procedures for all computing environments in liaison with system administrators to ensure that a timely and well organized recovery is made back to acceptable levels of service.
- Work in liaison with IT Risk and Security to ensure that the alternative banking channels are designed, implemented and operated in a robust and well secured environment.
- Roll out of business solutions, ensuring that they are well tested and are rolled out in a manner that does not adversely affect business processes, and providing processes and training to the users.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in an IT / Computer Science or related field, from a recognized institution. Possession of a postgraduate degree or professional qualifications in related fields will be an added advantage.
- Five or more years’ hands-on experience in the support of systems in a banking environment.
- Previous exposure and experience in the support of IT systems virtual infrastructure.
- Previous exposure and experience in the management of IT projects.
- Three years’ experience supporting transaction processing systems such as ATMs, Internet, agency and mobile banking
- Hands on experience in the management of a data backup and recovery strategy.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of card systems and related infrastructure as a business delivery channel
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 13th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline