Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Organisation: VisionFund Uganda (VFU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Audit Committee and Regional Audit Manager
VisionFund Uganda (VFU) is a microfinance affiliate of World Vision Uganda and World Vision International. Its mission is to improve the lives of children by providing low income entrepreneurs with sustainable and integrated financial services that unlock their potential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Leadership:
- Offer technical support and direction in the Risk based Annual Audit Planning Process and compile draft audit plans for discussion, review and approval by the Regional Manager, VFU Leadership and the Board.
- Guide the VFU Management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies for all operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring that all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified.
- Provide summaries of audit findings trends to Senior Leadership and the Board Audit Committee
- Implement a system to track the implementation of audit recommendations by VFU Management.
- Ensure effective engagement with the VFU Board Audit Committee on the performance of the Audit Function
2. People Management and capacity building:
- Actively participate in recruitment of Audit staff and ensure effective performance management for direct reports.
- Provide capacity building to VFU Leadership and Audit team regarding the role of Internal Audit in Risk management and in the VF Risk-based integrated audit approach from time to time.
- Guide and supervise the Audit Team in executing risk-based integrated audits.
3. Quality Assurance & Other:
- Perform quality reviews of audit assignments and provide guidance to the Auditors regarding; relevant audit standards to be observed and maintained, timely review of Binders issuance of reports.
- Support management during preparation for Global Centre Audit.
- Coordinate all external audit operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Internal Audit Manager should be a Graduate preferably in Accounting /Finances or related accounting qualification
- Full professional accounting qualifications CPA or ACCA and a member of ICPA (U) or IIA (U) .
- Certification in CISA/CFE is an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years’ auditing experience in a recognized organization, preferably in an MDI/MFI, two of these should be at a supervisory level.
- Previous exposure and experience in public accounting will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience in reporting to the Board/Board Audit Committee is desired.
- Computer literacy skills with excellent working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and loan tracking system especially Financial Solutions and T24.
- Self driven personality with initiative and team management skills.
- Highly developed sense of integrity.
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Core Values.
- Christian centric
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send or hand deliver their applications, CVs, plus copies of their academic credentials to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager,
VisionFund Uganda Ltd (VFU)
Plot 256, Makerere Kavule,
P.O. Box 24751, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 3rd June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline