Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Vegetable Oil Development Project Phase 2 (V0DP2)
Funding Source: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
The Vegetable Oil Development Project Phase 2 (V0DP2) is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) funded by IFAD and Government of Uganda (GOU). The V0DP2 goal is to contribute to sustainable poverty reduction in the project area. The Development objective is to increase the domestic production of vegetable oil and its’ by products, thus raising rural incomes for smallholder producers and ensuring the supply of affordable vegetable oil products to Ugandan consumers and neighboring regional markets. VODP2 has three components; the Oil palm Development Component, the Oilseeds Development Component and the Project Management Component. Through the project, Government of Uganda is investing in the development of oilseed crops (sunflower, soybean, sesame & groundnuts) value chains in fifty one districts in Eastern and Northern Uganda, and cultivation of oil palm in Kalangala and Buvuma Districts.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will be in charge of all procurement and disposal activities under the Project and for maintaining all procurement and disposal documentation in good order.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for establishing appropriate procurement systems and procedures for effective planning and monitoring of procurements under the project;
- The incumbent will serve as the head of secretariat for the Project Sub-Contract’s Committee;
- Responsible for communicating to all implementing entities and service providers their responsibilities and requirements with respect to procurement, according to guidelines with prevailing government practices as well as IFAD;
- In charge of leading the timely preparation and consolidation of the Annual Procurement Plan;
- Preparing procurement and contracting documents like solicitation/ bidding documents, draft contracts, local purchase orders, to mention some;
- Managing the contracting process, including ensuring that Evaluation Committees have people with appropriate expertise;
- Responsible for monitoring the implementation of contracts, report status and problems to the Project Manager on a regular basis; and intervening to address problems upon request by the Manager;
- In charge of maintaining all procurement records in a form appropriate for regular auditing;
- Performing any other activities as may be e assigned from time to time by the Project Manager/Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan in possession of an honors Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics Management, Commerce or related field;
- The applicant should also hold a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field, with specific post graduate training in Procurement for those whose first degree is not directly in procurement;
- Full Membership of CIPS;
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in the field of Procurement and Supply Chain, Procurement and Logistics Management in government/donor projects or large institution;
- Ability to work well in teams and to interact with a wide range of private sector partners and government representatives.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send sealed applications, curriculum vitae and copies of the academic documents should be submitted to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Open Registry, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Uganda. Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
Deadline: 27th May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline