Job Title: IEC, Documentation and Advocacy Manager
Organisation: Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD)
Project Name: Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Programme Coordinator
The Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development (MGLSD) is implementing the Uganda Women Entrepreneurship Programme (UWEP), an initiative of the Government of Uganda that is aimed at improving access to financial services by women entrepreneurs and equipping them with skills for enterprise growth, value addition and marketing of their products and services. The Programme will be implemented under three components namely; Capacity and Skills Development, Women Enterprise Fund for projects and Institutional Support.
Job Summary: The IEC, Documentation and Advocacy Manager will take charge of the internal and external communication and advocacy interventions of the Programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an Advocacy Strategy.
- Take lead on Programme engagement with the Parliament of Uganda.
- Produce materials for advocacy, communications and media purposes on UWEP through country visits and desk based research, including drafting or inputting into reports, briefing papers.
2. Information Education and Communication Management:
- Develop IEC Annual Action Plans for the Programme.
- The jobholder will develop a system by which the IEC/BCC materials developed by the Programme are shared with HLGs and relevant MDA’S.
- Coordinate with different stakeholders in developing the language versions of the materials developed by the Programme at the national level.
- Develop case studies on UWEP successes.
- Disseminate findings of the Programme through appropriate channels.
- The jobholder will develop a national level good practice documentation system.
- Ensure that the best practices of UWEP implementation are collected and widely shared with Local Governments, other Ministries and other relevant stakeholders.
- Offer technical support to enhance the visibility of UWEP.
- Keenly track implementation of UWEP across the country and identify issues to be documented.
- Extract information from Programme Management Information System (MIS) and from external reports (newspapers, studies, etc.) on UWEP.
- Render support in the documentation of important aspects of UWEP; undertake documentation work when needed;
- Assist in production of communication material for print and audio-visual media;
4. Team Management & Capacity Building:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to staff in the unit through regular supervision and feedback on performance.
- Mentor and build the capacity of the staff to improve their range of capabilities related to IEC, advocacy and documentation.
- Ensure, document and follow up performance evaluation for all staff under her/his supervision.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the IEC, Documentation and Advocacy Manager vacancy should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in Communication/ journalism/Social Sciences/Statistics/ Development studies or relate field from a recognized University.
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in Programme Planning, implementation and management/administration.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Capacity to conceptualize programme interventions.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way
- Ability to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way,
- Highly self-motivated and strong organizational and planning skills
- Competences: Computer Literacy, Report writing, Team work, Planning, Organizing and coordinating, networking, Good interpersonal and Communication skills, Ethics and integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send hand deliver their applications to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Gender, Labour & Social Developments,
Plot 2, Simbamanyo House, George Street,
P.O. Box 7136, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 27th May 2016 by 3:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline