Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Organization: United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Vacancy Number: 495846
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is mandated by the UN general assembly to advocate for the protection of children’s rights, to help meet their basic needs and expand their opportunities to reach their full potential. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Assistant will support the Human Resources Manager in conducting Human Resources support functions for the United Nations UNICEF Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and updates via VISION and monitors the absence of staff and Home Leave.
- The jobholder maintains and prepares all personnel-related records and files, ensuring all information on each staff member is up-to-date and accurate.
- Processes entitlements and benefits for local staff in accordance with UNICEF rules and regulations, by ensuring all relevant forms are completed by staff and data is entered into VISION.
- The Human Resources Assistant will maintain and update the list of staff and dependents for UNDSS, EMOPS and the local UN Clinic.
- Receives and prepares an update on the e-PAS status to be reviewed by supervisor before sharing it with Management and all staff in the office.
- Arranges staff UNLPs renewals through UNDP, NYHQ before their expiry date.
- Work in close consultation with supervisor, analyze, research, verify, and compile data and information on cases that do not conform to UN or UNICEF's HR Rules & Regulations, to support consistent and equitable application of decisions and implementation of agreed upon action.
- Follow-up on staff medical ID cards and medical services. Prepare quarterly medical report to submit to UNMS and RO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations UNICEF Human Resources Assistant job opportunity should have completed Secondary School, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- At least five years of progressively responsible human resources, administrative or clerical work experience required
- Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and inclusion, Integrity
- Core Competencies: Communication, Drive for Result, Working with People
- Functional Competencies: Analyzing, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing, Following instructions and Procedures
NB: UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations UNICEF in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit the link below to Apply.
Deadline: 24th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline