Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Organization: Muni University
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resource Officer
Job Reference: Muni ADVERT ADM 3.1/2016
Muni University is a Public university established by the Uganda Government by Statutory Instrument, 2013 No. 31, in accordance with the Universities & Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2006 as amended. Muni University campus is located in Arua District, 3Km South of Arua town in North-Western Uganda.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will support the Senior Resource Officer in managing, coordinating and enforcing the implementation of Human Resource policies of the University.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offers technical support to the Senior Human Resource Officer in the management of Human Resources
- Renders support in coordinating the recruitment, selection, induction and placement of staff.
- Initiates the preparation of the Human Resource Investment and Development Plan.
- Assists in developing the Human Resource Investment and Development plan for the University.
- Generates human resource information for the University.
- Attends to staff with special needs and ensures that they are provided with necessary facilities.
- Assists in conducting exit interviews and issue certificates of service to members of staff who retire.
- Assists in the management of salaries, wages and benefits.
- Supports in projecting staffing needs for the University.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Human resource working documents prepared.
- Draft Human Resource Investment and Development Plan prepared.
- Staffing and establishment data generated and updated.
- Report produced based on the records of the exit interviews.
- An up to date monthly Payroll.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or Organizational and Industrial Psychology or Management or Organizational Development or Public Administration and Management (HR option) or MBA (HR option).
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Human Resource Management in a Public Institution.
- High level of integrity
- Possess excellent communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer skills and knowledge to others through formal training and technical support
- Computer literacy and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
NB: Those who applied earlier needn't send their applications again.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidate should send their hand written or typed applications in triplicate to the Office of University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, Plot. 2 Independence Road, Uganda.
Please conform to these rules for a successful application;
- The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy.
- Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates and Academic Documents, plus three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV.
- The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees.
- Applicants should not apply for more than two posts.
Deadline: 31st May 2016