Organisation: Human Resource Service Centre Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Human Resource Service Centre Uganda Limited has been established to provide professional HR services to support core HR functional needs and capacity building. Our services are aimed towards students, individuals, working professionals, startup companies and established SMEs whether private, NGOs, government agencies and projects. The increasing growth rate and dynamic flexibility of the various companies and individual needs has enabled us to present a varied array of HR solutions to each of our clients. The HR service center has been designed to provide helpful HR resources to managers, current /prospective employees and students. The service center is a “one-stop shop” for all HR business solutions/ processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Human Resource & Business Development Specialist should be a qualified and experienced Human Resource practitioner who will start-up the centre, manage it and look for business opportunities from prospective clients in and outside Uganda by developing business proposals in the following functional areas:-
- Setting up human resource departments for organisations/ companies
- Developing human resource working/operating plans
- Strengthening recruitment processes and systems
- Formulating HR policy manuals, guidelines and procedures
- Strengthening performance management processes and systems
- Providing technical support in improving HR documentation and filing
- Designing employment contracts
- Developing job descriptions
- Capacity building of practicing HR professionals and University students studying Human Resource Management at undergraduate and post graduate level through internships & placements
- Facilitating team building sessions and reflections
- Developing HR working tools
- Job evaluation and salary reviews
- Human resource strategy development
- Facilitating exit management processes/ restructuring
- Process and systems improvement: Developing and reviewing organizational/ department organograms/ structures; developing human resource management systems TORs and partnering with service providers in developing HR information management systems
- Developing HR reporting templates
- Professional CV and cover letter writing and creating access points for job adverts (Local and international)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree and Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Organisational Psychology or other related field
- At least five years of experience in human resource management
- Extensive experience in human resource management at senior management level
- Demonstrated knowledge of national law
- Previous exposure and experience in recruitment especially of professional and technical positions (both national and international).
- Previous experience in job evaluation, managing benefits and compensation systems
- Experience in planning and developing HR plans and policies and rolling out new HR initiatives
- Demonstrated business development and innovation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills for the dissemination of information
- Ability to be a team player, collaborator, work independently and able to effectively network (over any medium of communication e.g. Internet, phone, face-to-face) across all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills with great fluency in English
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and timely accomplish of multiple tasks simultaneously, pro-actively as well as provide a high-level customer service.
- Possess cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated computer literacy (MS Office Suite: MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and databases) with hands on experience in tracking HR outcomes/metrics.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts to: email@example.com (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Human Resource Service Centre Uganda Limited,
Kataza 2 close, Bugolobi,
Plot No 187B Kampala – Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline