Job Title: Hub Co-ordinator- Gulu Hub
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Vegetable Oil Development Project Phase 2 (V0DP2)
Funding Source: International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
The Vegetable Oil Development Project Phase 2 (V0DP2) is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) funded by IFAD and Government of Uganda (GOU). The V0DP2 goal is to contribute to sustainable poverty reduction in the project area. The Development objective is to increase the domestic production of vegetable oil and its’ by products, thus raising rural incomes for smallholder producers and ensuring the supply of affordable vegetable oil products to Ugandan consumers and neighboring regional markets. VODP2 has three components; the Oil palm Development Component, the Oilseeds Development Component and the Project Management Component. Through the project, Government of Uganda is investing in the development of oilseed crops (sunflower, soybean, sesame & groundnuts) value chains in fifty one districts in Eastern and Northern Uganda, and cultivation of oil palm in Kalangala and Buvuma Districts.
Job Summary: The Hub Co-ordinator will be responsible for the day-to -day running and successful implementation of project activities in seven districts in Acholi sub region and one district in the West Nile region under Gulu hub. The incumbent will provide oversight, backstop and advise all stakeholders and partners on their roles in the project in Gulu Hub.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of guiding the day-to-day Oilseed Component development activities in the hub to meet the project Hub targets. This includes planning and budgeting for project activities in the hub; management, supervision and coordination of implementation of project activities in the hub; and reporting on project progress;
- Ensuring that project activities are gender balanced and focus on poverty reduction;
- Ensure that service providers’ workplans and budgets and reports are submitted in time with the project guidelines and targets;
- Ensure that the District Local Governments’ (DLGs’) workplans and Budgets and reports are submitted in time, in line with the project guidelines and targets;
- Regularly engaging and supervise the service providers and DLGs to ensure effective implementation of the workplans and budgets;
- In charge of facilitating meetings between farmer groups and miller to agree on quality and quantity and price of crushing materials to be supplied to millers at agreed prices;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan in possession of an honors Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agricultural sciences, or other relevant field, with a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- At least four years’ experience, two of which working with private sector;
- Working experience including in project planning, implementation and management, monitoring and administration within bilateral or multilaterals or international NGOs.
- Technical competencies in oilseed sector in production, processing and marketing;
- The applicant should have general knowledge of project and business management with emphasis on work planning, budgeting and reporting;
- Be computer literate and well versed in the use of Word, Excel and internet;
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to take initiatives and work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines;
- Fluent in English - written and oral and demonstrate excellent report writing skills;
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send sealed applications, curriculum vitae and copies of the academic documents should be submitted to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Open Registry, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Uganda. Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
Deadline: 27th May 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline