Job Title: Head Procurement
Organisation: Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Uganda Health Marketing Group (UHMG) is a Company Limited by Guarantee with an NGO status, whose Vision is “A good life for all Ugandans.” UHMG works in partnership with public, private, and civil society institutions to improve the quality of life of Ugandans through the provision of superior and affordable health care solutions. Using the Good Life Platform as its launch pad, UHMG has employed uniquely designed interventions and innovative behavior change communication approaches to raise people’s awareness of and demand for health care services for Reproductive Health, HIV, Malaria, and Maternal & Child Health.
Job Summary: The Head Procurement will be expected to take overall leadership in the management of the procurement function by providing strategic guidance and supervision in the procurement of goods, services, and works. The jobholder will also be required to provide a quality control function to ensure that UHMG’s policies and procedures are implemented consistently and correctly. The job holder is required to perform his/her job in a way which encapsulates integrity and probity. S/he will be results-oriented and ensure the quality of service delivery is consistent, efficient, and responsive, including effective management of stakeholders, as well as resolving likely and genuine queries and complaints.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the consolidation of the Annual Procurement Plans in line with the organizational work plans and budgets, and monitor their implementation in line with the Business Plan.
- Take charge of the development and implementation of strategic procurement initiatives, including but not limited to a sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality assurance of goods and services, and excellent but transparent supplier relationship management.
- Develop the Strategy and budget for the Procurement department, ensure the implementation of the approved procurement strategy, as well as monitor and report on the progress of the implementation of the procurement strategy.
- Work closely with the respective end-users to forecast all UHMG procurements; proactively anticipate risks and eliminate any bottlenecks in the procurement process.
- The incumbent will also study UHMG’s requirements for goods, services, and works, and provide relevant strategies for efficient procurement.
- Supervise the consolidation of all procurement needs of UHMG and effectively collaborate with the various stakeholders to ensure timely execution.
- Ensure that all procurement processes and transactions are executed in line with UHMG’s approved policies and procedures, statutory regulations, and donor regulations, to ensure Value for Money.
- Periodically review and update the procurement policies and procedures to ensure relevance and congruence with UHMG’s business, PPDA Act, Statutory requirements, and donor regulations.
- Ensure regular compliance of procurement policies and procedures and carry out regular staff orientations.
- Carry out occasional field monitoring and support visits to our up-country regional offices and/or events.
- Establish and communicate procurement policies and guidelines that effectively balance the administrative burden, cost savings, and risk/liability.
- Continuously assess risks inherent in the procurement process and develop mitigating measures.
- Maintain accurate monthly records of procurement activities and pricing trends.
- The incumbent will actively facilitate the functioning of the Procurement Committee and provide adequate, timely, and correct information to the committee, to ensure implementation of procurement processes in accordance with established procurement policies and guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to the Evaluation Committees and technical support to management and staff where required.
- Coordinate random checks of the procurement and supply chain process flows, so as to ensure Value for Money.
- Take lead in carrying out vendor/supplier audit checks and verifications as per set criteria.
- Maintain constant liaison with internal and external stakeholders including contract management of suppliers and service providers.
- Work closely with the Finance Department to ensure that supplier payments are settled in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Resource Mobilization unit to provide budget estimates for goods, services, and works to be included in financial mobilization proposals.
- Supervise and manage the performance and development of staff in the department in line with the Organisation’s goals, objectives, policies and regulations.
- Purposefully obtain data on Most Frequently Procured Items (MFPIs) to act as reference for budgeting and forecasting by respective departments.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual procurement reports to the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should possess a professional qualification in Procurement/Supply/Logistics Management such as CIPS or CILT. Possession of post-graduate degree (Master’s Degree or higher) degree in Procurement/Supply/Logistics Management or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in managing the Procurement and Logistics function in a busy organization or public entity, with in-depth understanding of procurement best practices, policies, controls and procedures.
- Significant experience in procurement of Pharmaceutical or health related commodities.
- Prior knowledge of PPDA and Donor Procurement regulations is a key requirement.
- The applicant must be a self-motivated individual who requires minimal supervision, and has the ability to proactively identify gaps and provide solutions for timely, cost-effective, and efficient solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to think at a strategic level, as well as the ability to drive and deliver set results.
- She or he will be a good team player with a high level of integrity and commitment, and possess good oral and written communication skills, excellent negotiation skills, and the ability to successfully interact with and tailor communications to both senior and junior colleagues and interlocutors.
- She or he will be good at relationship management, have strong decision-making ability, good judgement and attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will possess an ability to work under pressure and stay focused, efficient, and effective whilst managing multiple priorities.
- The applicant should be willing to uphold the Core Values of UHMG i.e. Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility, and Equity.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their applications with copies of Curriculum Vitae, names of three professional referees, copies of certified academic documents, and telephone and email contacts to: The Human Resources Manager, Uganda Health Marketing Group Ltd.; Plot 20-21, 27-28, Martyrs Crescent, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 6th May 2016 by 4:00 pm (East African Time)
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline