Job Title: Head of International High School
Organisation: Aga Khan Education Services (AKES)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) currently operates more than 200+ schools and advanced educational programmes that provide quality pre-school, primary, secondary, and higher secondary education services to students in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Tajikistan. AKES, Uganda is committed to enriching the lives of “many generations of multi-racial and multi-cultural student populations” through the provision of quality and affordable education. AKES, U offers the CIE International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) and International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
Job Summary: The Head of International High School will be responsible for the administration and management of Key Stage 3 (English National Curriculum – Years 7 to 9), IGCSE (Years 10 & 11) and IBDP programme, and others which may be considered in the future (e.g. IBCP). S/he will have responsibility for the smooth running of the International High School and for assuring successful outcomes of its academic and co-curricular undertakings. The three academic years (2015/16 to 2018/19) will see a period of intense repositioning of the AKES,U schools. The Head of High School, International will play a key role in leading the change process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Education from a reputable, accredited university;
- A minimum of five years’ experience, with demonstrable achievements of leading a Grade 6-12 reputable international school;
- Previous experience and drive to lead an intense school improvement and change process and resilience when experiencing difficulties inherent in an emerging system;
- Excellent track record in the effective and efficient management of fiscal and human resources; experience with the International Baccalaureate curriculum Diploma Programme and / or the IGCSE;
- Excellent team-building skills, with proven experience in leading, motivating and empowering teams;
- Previous experience in Africa is desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested local and international candidates are encouraged to apply for this vacancy by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline