Job Title: Head of Field Office
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Reports to: Head of Area Office
Duty Station: Uganda
Position Grade: NOB
Reference Number: 16-0021216
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Head of Field Office plans and manages UN World Food Programme (WFP) field operations to ensure the effective and efficient deployment of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage effectively the Field Office to ensure the continued development of a cohesive and a high performing team;
- The jobholder will plan and manage WFP field operations within the area of assignment to ensure effective and efficient delivery of food assistance and that daily operational issues are timely resolved to prevent losses or delays;
- Regularly monitor efficient utilization of allocated resources and ensure actions are in line with agreed plans, and any deviations are reported to the Area/Country Office;
- Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises and assets in the Field Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed. Actively participate and contribute to the Area Security Management Team (ASMT);
- Carry out timely monitoring and evaluation of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Area/Country Office review to inform efficient operational planning and decisions;
- Build partnerships to improve assistance packages, develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, civil societies, beneficiaries and other partners and media engaged in the field of food security;
- Build effective and collaborative relations with the local authorities and contribute to the expertise sharing and capacity building for effective preparedness and response to food assistance needs;
- Ensure extensive and frequent presence at project areas, distribution sites and centres;
- Perform any other related duties as required;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Head of Field Office job opportunity should hold an advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other related field attained from a recognized institution Or a first University degree with additional years of related work experience in the mentioned fields;
- A minimum of six (6) years of post-graduate relevant working experience in public sector management, development projects and/or emergency assistance gained from reputable organizations;
- Previous experience working in Karamoja and or with livelihood and food security programmes is preferred;
- Significant experience working with projects similar to WFP food assistance activities is an advantage;
- Relevant experience in the analysis, planning, and monitoring of programme activities;
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 5th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline