Job Title: Head of Accounts
Organisation: BRAC International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Representative
BRAC International is one of the world’s largest Non-Governmental Development Organizations, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microfinance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leadership and stakeholder management (Donors, Banks, Suppliers, Staff, Statutory bodies, Programs and others)
- The incumbent will develop, set-up and manage financial reporting systems, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with donor and stakeholder requirements, and provide reports to guide the decision making process.
- Financial payments and business process facilitation.
- Develop, manage, monitor and oversee the budget lifecycle.
- Manage the external audits
- Ensure a good inventory management process
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Master’s degree in Accounts or its equivalent, with Professional certificate in CPA, ACCA, and CIMA.
- Possession of a post graduate diploma in Project Management /implementation will be of an advantage
- A minimum of seven years of working experience in relevant field including three years in a senior management position in a similar organization.
- Good working knowledge in Accounting software such as, ERP and, others is a must.
- Previous experience in complex accounting and finance system, including reporting, budgeting audit and compliance.
- Good financial management skills, system set up and development.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate dearly and persuasively, ability to interpret documents, understand procedures, written reports and correspondence.
- Excellent cross cultural people management and strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae not scanned (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least three professional referees in Ms. Office Word Document) and all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents. They should all be merged into one PDF file. In total, there must only be two attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 4th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline