Job Title: Grants/Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Grants Manager
Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI) is one of the constituent research institutions under the Uganda National Health Research Organization (UNHRO). UVRI’s mission is to carry out scientific investigations concerning communicable diseases of public health importance and to advise the Uganda government on strategies for their control and prevention.
About ICAP Project:
Uganda Virus Research Institute has signed a MoU with the International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) of Columbia University to conduct a national Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (PHIA) in Uganda. This survey will provide critical information on the state of the HIV epidemic in Uganda and help shape policies and programs to address the epidemic.
Job Summary: The Grants/Accounts Assistant will ensure that the terms and conditions of the award are adhered to and that UVRI is responsive to relevant USG and GOU regulations. The incumbent will also coordinate all Cooperative agreement actions between UVRI and ICAP.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will coordinate all the sub-award activities between UVRI and ICAP Manage the day to day finance, accounting and compliance aspects of the sub-award
- Record, file and track all sub-award expenses and ensure that they are correctly allocated, are reasonable and are allowable
- Prepare and submit regular financial reports, as per sub award contract
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant, Administrative Assistant and UPHIA project team lead.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Professional qualification in accounting or related field would be desirable.
- At least three to five years’ experience in grants or accounts for a USG funded project
- Previous experience in financial and grants management systems in an NGO setting
- The applicant should be conversant with USG funding regulations
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented and multi-cultural environment
- Effective oral and written communication
- Self-driven with a high sense of quality, efficiency and dedication
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications together with copies of academic certificates, transcripts, updated CVs, including names of two work-related referees indicating their contacts with e-mail and phone numbers to the address below;
Uganda Virus Research Institute
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe. Uganda
Or hand deliver to the office Plot 51-59 Nakiwogo Road, Entebbe.
Deadline: Wednesday 8th June 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline