Job Title: Grain Grader
Organisation: Kimberly Ryan
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kimberly Ryan provides an Outsourcing solution that not only exceeds your needs but ensures Return on Investment. Their outsourcing services include; Employee Outsourcing, Managed Payroll Services, Business Process Outsourcing and Function Outsourcing. They would like to recruit for a valuable client that offers agricultural services and food processing company with a core focus on grain commodities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Grain management and stock take:
- Ensure no financial losses on grain quality.
- Target for surpluses should be minimum of 0.5% of season’s receipts.
- Upgrading of Grade 2 grain to Grade 1 should be a minimum 70%.
- Rejections - There should be no (0%) rejection of grain by buyers.
- Ensure that the receiving’s and dispatching is done according to the SOP.
- Take over procedure must be done once a person goes on leave.
- Grading of Grain
- Providing support in the warehouse.
- Ensure that stock take are on time
2. Work place incidents and accidents:
- Ensure that, in the event of an accident or incident, appropriate steps are taken according to the Act and Company policy.
- Ensure that awareness training is done with all employees on site on the reporting of incidents & accidents.
- Ensure that investigators for incidents & accidents have been appointed in writing.
- Ensure that all incidents/accidents are reported, recorded and registered within 24 hours of incident or accident.
- Ensure that a copy of the initial Incident Report is forwarded to the Group Safety Officer.
- Ensure that all reported incidents/accidents are investigated according to the Company’s Policy.
- Ensure that all completed investigation reports are submitted to the Group Safety Officer for final approval.
- Ensure that corrective and preventive measures are implemented and follow-up on the effectiveness thereof.
3. Risk Management:
- Ensure that file 15 and 16 is up to date as instructed by the site manager.
- Adherence to deadlines as per agreement with assistant manager or line (Weekly and month end timeliness,)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree in Agriculture related course and food processing from a recognized university.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in grain blending at a commercial level.
- Three years’ experience in grain grading and sample retention.
- Prior experience in barley grading is most preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized; able to work well within all levels in the organization.
- Good customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs to; email@example.com
Deadline: 6th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline