Job Title: Study Logistician / Administrative Assistant
Organisation: Doctors with Africa CUAMM
Duty Station: Uganda
Doctors with Africa CUAMM was the first non-governmental organisation (NGO) in the field of healthcare to be officially recognised in Italy. Doctors with Africa Cuamm is the largest Italian body working to improve and safeguard the health of African populations.
About WHO CUAMM Project:
Doctors with Africa CUAMM together with WHO Collaborating Centre - Institute for Maternal and Child Health IRCCS Burlo Garofolo Italy is anticipating to implement a research in West Nile to evaluate the impact of supportive supervision, high intensity and specific for nutritional services as compared to the standard of care.
Job Summary: The Study Logistician / Administrative Assistant will act as key liaison in Arua on behalf of the CUAMM country administrator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will collaborate with the study investigators, study staff, local district authorities and health facility staff to ensure a smooth implementation of study activities.
- Regularly review study logistics requirements to ensure all sites have consistent supply of all materials needed to carry out study activities (data collection forms, informed consents, working mal-nutrition measuring instruments, etc);
- Provide support in the maintenance and repair of study related equipment (both at health facility and office).
- Develop an understanding of study staff logistical needs (e.g. transport), and take actions to ensure that such needs are met.
- Keep an inventory, protect and control all study proprietary materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in procurement and logistics or administration. Possession of a degree will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good team player
- Exceptional time management ability
- Ability to communicate with clarity in speaking and writing
- Proficiency in the use of common office applications i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of local language (Arua) an advantage.
- Hold a Valid driving license.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with telephone contacts and contactable referees addressed or delivered to: The Human Resource Officer, Doctors with Africa CUAMM P.O. Box 7214 Kampala, Email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Email applications must have the following subject: “CUAMM West Nile Study May 2016.” Emails and attachments (only CV and Application letter) must not exceed 2MB otherwise they will be rejected by server. Hard copies can also be delivered to the CUAMM Country Offfice in Kansanga. Interviews will be conducted in Arua.
Deadline: 6th June 2016 by 5:00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline