Job Title: Research Associate
Organisation: Korea Program on International Agriculture (KOPIA)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
The Korea Program on International Agriculture (KOPIA) signed a memorandum of understanding with the National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO) to jointly explore and coordinate agricultural research, development and extension activities of mutual interest.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Research Associate will design experiments and estimate experimental costs
- Maintain accurate and timely records of test results;
- Apply standard quality control procedures to assure accuracy of research results and maintain accurate and timely records.
- The incumbent will be interacting with colleagues to improve knowledge in designing and conducting experiments and interpreting experimental results.
- Participate in survey studies, extension workshops and joint on-farm trials and field visits.
- Collect research information, searching research papers and summarize the results.
- Performing other research assignments as required and carrying out functional duties as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Research Associate career opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in agronomy, soil science or any other related field
- One year of lab experience.
How to Apply:
All those suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application together with updated CVs and academic transcripts to KOPIA office at the National Agricultural Research Laboratories (NARL) Kawanda or send to: The Director, KOPIA Uganda Center.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 15th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline