Organisation: ActionAid International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Cluster Coordinator-Gulu
ActionAid is an International Development Agency in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the excluded people in the world to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustices and the inequity that cause it.
Job Summary: The Project Officer (PO)- Promoting Women Land Rights and Livelihoods in Northern Uganda will be responsible for the appropriate planning, implementation of the projects at the sub counties within the project work plan in line with the department mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in developing project monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and operational plans for the land rights and livelihoods intervention as required.
- Conduct data collection, needs assessment and baseline (start, mid and end line) for the women land rights protection, education and psychosocial support beneficiaries.
- Facilitate the community to develop project activities and ideas, support the establishment and monitor implementation of beneficiary income generating activities in the area of women property rights support program.
- Regularly facilitate awareness raising and community dialogues on the importance of women land rights to the community levels as well as awareness raising on women rights; peer to peer discussions and dialogues on women land rights protection concerns targeting community members, local authority; stakeholders
- Facilitate review meetings with partners, community members and other stakeholder.
- Facilitate documentation of all project activities, stories of change in regards to women land rights, compile all the minutes of the discussions and resolution reached in Acholi sub-region for dissemination purposes.
- Facilitate quarterly mobile legal aid clinics for legal aid service delivery and awareness raising on land rights in the regions of Acholi and Lango .
- Mentor, train staff and partner on land/ property rights and national land policies to enhance their skills and knowledge to campaign against land rights abuse
- Mobilize rural women into a critical mass for women's land rights and justice campaigners for the Mt. Kilimanjaro project demands
- Work in liaison with identified community leaders from formal and informal institutions to hold community dialogues to promote land rights messages and advocate for a multi-stakeholder land use planning committee that ensures the free, prior and informed consent of all communities affected by land transfers.
- Actively participate in monitoring and evaluation of all the projects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Development studies or any social science discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification in project planning and management, monitoring and evaluation or any related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years of relevant working experience preferably in NGO sector
- Strong facilitation skills
- Good Knowledge of local Languages especially context and culture of Acholi is an added advantage.
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Networking and coalition/movement building
- Critical report writing and analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Monitoring and evaluation skills
- Good lobbying, advocacy and campaigning skills
- Good conflict resolution skills;
- Good leadership and management skills
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to either send their applications via E-mail or hand deliver to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org or addressed to: The Director Human Resource/Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid International Uganda, Plot Number 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University P.O. Box 676 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: Thursday 9th June 2016 by 5:00 Pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline