Job Title: Program Assistant-Trainee
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Funding Source: European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
Reports to: Head of Programs
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
About EU Project:
DRC is presently leading a Consortium of four NGOs (DRC, ZOA, Save the Children, and CEFORD) which has been selected to implement a program in Northern Uganda to support the self-reliance, resilience and social stability of displacement-affected communities, South Sudanese refugees and their host communities. The Consortium is implementing a 3-year project implemented by a consortium of NGOs and funded under the European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa to respond to refugee settlements in West Nile of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant-Trainee will be responsible for supporting in M&E and Program Development in the country program. The Program Assistant is also responsible for communication and visibility of projects in the Uganda country program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Be responsible for developing and implementing impact monitoring plan for the delegated projects in Uganda, in coordination with the Head of Program, Program Managers and Project Managers/coordinators.
- Influence program development in Uganda with timely feedback based on monitoring and impact reports.
- Plan and develop detailed data collection tools, ensure that data collection is scientific, and defendable.
- Produce impact monitoring reports for DRC’s internal use as well as for Donor reporting.
- Liaise and coordinate with the DRC/DDG monitoring and coordination focal point in the HQs and the Head of Program Development to ensure that correct procedures for impact monitoring are followed.
- Take part in/conduct workshops and training within and outside the organisation as may be required
2. Communication and Visibility:
- Serve as the communication and visibility focal point for Uganda, liaise with Regional Office and HQ on communication and visibility.
- Stay abreast with the Communication and visibility plan for Uganda country program and constantly update it
- Develop human stories and other printed materials to assist the visibility of projects
- Regularly update the DRC social media webpage.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Program Assistant-Trainee job opportunity should hold a postgraduate in international development and/or humanitarian action
- One year of relevant work experience in the field
- Excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and please indicate your salary expectations
- Updated and detailed (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualifications, relevant training courses, work experience, and name and contact details of three relevant references.
The complete application package should be uploaded online, Click Here
Deadline: 7th June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline