Job Title: Officer, Collections
Organisation: Uganda Communications Commission (UCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Officer, Collections
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Job Summary: The Officer, Collections will actively monitor debtor’s balances and collect outstanding debts in line with operational schedules and financial policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will generate monthly customers’ statements of accounts for outstanding debtors and ensure prompt delivery to clients.
- Follow-up all debtors aged 30 days and above for collection before enforcement actions, including preparation of periodically lists of debtors to be forwarded to Legal departments for legal and enforcement actions.
- Maintain a database of customers’ payment plans and follow up implementation of payment plans by debtors.
- Maintain and follow up all assigned accounts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Officer, Collections job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business or any related field and
- A part professional qualification, ACCA or CPA
- A minimum of two years’ experience in revenue collection in a similar corporate setting
- Skilled in Stakeholder Management, Revenue collections, Risk management, controls and governance and Information Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills
- High degree of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, updated CVs including all scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials via E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 11th May, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline