Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Program for Accessible Health, Communication and Education (PACE)
Duty Station: Uganda
Program for Accessible Health, Communication and Education (PACE) is a Ugandan indigenous health organization leading solutions in the health market through the private sector. We deploy social marketing approaches to measurably improve the health of Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer plans and implements monitoring and evaluation activities at the Region including routine supervision, data collection, reporting, quality control and capacity building in M&E as well as routine updates on progress of program implementation
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan regional Monitoring and Evaluation M&E Activities
- Train and mentor implementing partners in M&E in accordance to their need
- Carry out joint supervision of partner M& E activities in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Keenly track progress of projects implementation against targets and program design at regional level
- Implement quality control plan for M&E and programs at the region
- The M&E Officer will collect, analyze and write qualitative and quantitative reports for different programs at the region
- Track progress of action points and recommendations for program improvement
- Document and disseminate qualitative and quantitative reports and tools to the regional staff
- Regularly monitor sub wards and regional warehouses in line with the PACE policies and procedures
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accomplishment of monthly work plan schedules that meet regional targets
- Support supervision reports and action points for responsible staff monitored and implemented to meet regional targets
- Updated training management information system outlining partner trained, area/issue of training
- Up to date data bases and performance trackers that meet regional targets
- Quarterly data and program audit report for M&E that aids in decision making at the region
- Submission of complete, accurate and timely reports to head office that aid in donor reporting and decision making at the region
- Monthly progress summary on status of action points to aid in program improvement
- Needs assessment checklists and work plans for M&E for partners and programs implemented and that meet regional targets
- Compliance in use of data collection and reporting tools in the region
- Conduct quarterly reviews of your warehouse operations and share reports accordingly.
- Review least ¼ of the total number of sub‐awardees under your region each quarter and share reports accordingly.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Public Health or Population Studies. Post graduate training in M&E, Project planning and management is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in M&E position, preferably in donor funded Non‐governmental organization
- Previous experience using statistical software, such as STATA, SPSS.
- Previous experience in capacity building and development in M&E for health programs
- Computer skills in data management, analysis and reporting
- Good management and co‐ordination skills, with experience of technical project implementation;
- Previous experience in writing project reports and M&E plans;
- Willingness to travel among rural communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit;
- Results Focused, Drive Change / Foster Innovation, Customer Service Orientation and Develop
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their hardcopy applications including an updated resume (CV), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”, to the PACE Office Reception, addressed to Head of People and Culture, PACE, at Plot 2 Ibis Vale-Kololo, P.O. Box 27659 Kampala.
Deadline: 6th June, 2016 by 5:00 pm (East African time)
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline