Job Title: Logistics Administrative Assistant
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives pro formers/invoices and initiates IRs to support payments to service providers
- Keeps record of requisitions made and of paid and unpaid invoices to ease reconciliation
- Follows up on pending payments to suppliers/garages.
- Puts requisitions for cash for the department and make accountability for it
- Offers support in strategic planning through communicating the department/ministry developments to team within the department
- Keeps an up to date file for all vehicles and make requisitions for equipment’s that are missing in the vehicle
- Takes lead in the physical and spiritual development of the team and their well fare
- Drives Watoto vehicles in a manner compatible with national road safety laws and standards and Transport Rules, with due consideration given to driving conditions
- Ensures the completion of log book, for daily checks, fuel received, and all journeys under taken.
- Ensures that Watoto procedures are followed in full, in the case of any damage or accident occurring to the vehicle under your responsibility.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Logistics Administrative Assistant career opportunity at Watoto must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and Management, or Logistics and Procurement
- A minimum of two years working experience in a related position from a recognized organisation/company
- The applicant should hold a clean and valid driving permit
- Well organised, effective time keeper, attention to detail and a high level of commitment to accuracy
- Computer literacy skills i.e. working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Logistics Administrative Assistant - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 13th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline