Job Title: Legal Officer - Legal Aid Clinic
Organisation: Law Development Centre (LDC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer, LAC
The LDC has a mandate to provide legal education to lawyers and non-lawyers, undertake research in topical legal issues, contribute to legal reform, produce legal publications, teaching materials, law reports and also provide community legal services.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will provide provide Legal Aid services to indigent persons, petty offenders and children in need of care and protection.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting in the selection/refinement of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) indicators relevant to the programmes of LDC LAC
- In charge of assessing programmes and projects
- Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation guidelines and instruments.
- Responsible for designing, coordinating and conducting project evaluations (mid-term and end-line)
- Record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way
- Ensure that implementation of field activities adheres to LAC monitoring and evaluation system
- Actively participate actively in programme planning process and budgeting.
- Support LAC team in developing the annual and six monthly reports.
- Building the capacity of LAC staff on Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- In charge of designing and conducting Post Implementation Monitoring Survey
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Manager LAC.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Legal Officer - Legal Aid Clinic should hold an LLB (Hons)
- Possession of a Postgraduate diploma in Legal practice for LDC
- A minimum of two years’ practical experience in Legal Aid
- Working knowledge of Legal Aid issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Excellent interviewing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to The Secretary, Law Development Center, P.O. Box 7117 Kampala either via post or hand delivery to the Law Development Centre Reception. The applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character.
Deadline: 27th May, 2016 by 5.00pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline