Job Title: Legal Officer
Organisation: Spear Motors Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Spear Motors Limited is the sole distributor of Mercedes Benz Chrysler and Jeep vehicles and it was founded in 1973 by Prof. Gordon Wavamunno. Spear Motors Ltd is the Sole official distributor for Daimler AG of Stuttgart, Germany the manufactures of Mercedes Benz. It is also the official distributor for other legendary brands like Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Great Wall Motors (Wingle double cabin and Hover Station wagons), Kinglong Buses and Deutz Fahr Tractors.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will provide services as Legal Counsel to the Company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Company Secretary in handling corporate secretarial matters.
- The jobholder will also support the Company Secretary in researching, analyzing and reporting on implications of case Law, legislation, and regulatory matters that affect the Company.
- Assist in providing proactive legal assistance and advice to the Company on various Legal and regulatory issues like employment Laws, Business ideas, Commercial Contracts/Agreements, Taxes, Dispute resolution and governance matters.
- Draft, review, interpret and analyse pleadings, agreements, correspondences and any other relevant legal documents.
- Support the Company Secretary in representing the Company in ensuring the efficient and successful handling of negotiations and resolutions of disputes.
- Support the Company Secretary in liaising with and working with external Counsel as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Legal Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor of Laws Degree from a recognized University with a Diploma in Legal Practice.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Legal Practice.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Good mediation and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent legal drafting skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information with professional discretion.
- Advanced computer knowledge with the ability to work independently on complex legal issues with accuracy under minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send their application letters, detailed CVs and copies of relevant professional certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 7th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline