Job Title: ITES/BPO Support Officer
Organisation: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: ITES/BPO Coordinator
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) was established as a statutory body under the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 as one of the key players in the Information and Communications Technology Sector. Its mandated is to coordinate, promote and monitor IT development within the context of national social and economic development, with a vision as “a facilitator of a knowledge-based, globally competitive Uganda where social transformation and economic development is supported through IT enabled services.”
Job Summary: The ITES/BPO Support Officer will liaise between the BPO Operators and NITA-U and Provide first line IT and administrative Support for the BPO Centre
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical support to telephone and email requests from users for end-user hardware, operating system, software and associated peripherals and log them in the help desk tracking tool
- Redirect or escalate support requests for both BPO center and IAC that cannot be handled by the help desk to the appropriate NITA Technical person or service provider
- Offer administrative support to the Information Access Center (IAC)
- Maintain BPO Center and IAC Service Level Agreements by overseeing the execution of support and maintenance services
- Maintain equipment at the BPO Center and IAC in liaison with the NITA-U IT Services Department to ensure continuity of service at the Center
- The jobholder will manage the NITA-U BPO Helpdesk by ensuring at least 90% of logged tickets
- Prepare and pro-actively provide information/reports to the operators and NITA-U on the progress of outstanding support calls
- Regularly monitor employment statistics and usage of the of the BPO center and IAC respectively
- Monitor the utilization of IT Services and other utilities at the IAC and BPO Center
- Prepare and provide regular progress reports to the ITES/BPO Coordinator/Manager
- Undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a second Class University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management or any other related field
- One year of relevant working experience in administrative and technical support in a busy IT/Business establishment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Be able to work under pressure;
- Willingness to learn and be highly adaptable to change.
- Ability to compile reports
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, download here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former Lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts.
Deadline: 30th May 2016 by 17.00 hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline