Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 85,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 1,800 offices and laboratories around the world. SGS has been appointed by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) to implement the Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Services (MVIS) programme involving the development, installation and operation of vehicle inspection centers on a national scale to improve road safety by assuring -the road worthiness of vehicles m circulation in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for assisting Human Resource Manager in the provision of general HR duties to ensure professional and comprehensive Human Resources support to the staff of SGS Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of performing all HR administrative tasks including but not limited to preparation of documents/packages, job advertisements, scheduling of interviews, preparation of new hire documents and coordinating HR meetings.
- The incumbent will examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Accurately administer company approved benefits /welfare schemes e.g. medical scheme, identity cards, bereavement, staff birthdays, etc.
- Maintain a safe, secure and updated records management system for the HR department including personnel data, general HR documentation, attendance records, overtime and accurate and updated leave days schedules
- Maintain up to date HR metrics on staff exits, promotions, transfers, SHINE onboarding program, new hires and track all other staffing changes
- Work closely with the Finance and complete processes for timely monthly salary payments
- Identifying staff training and development needs and provide a roadmap on implementation and execution of these needs
- Ensure that staff exit process is smooth by ensuring a proper clearing process and exit interviews are performed and shared with management
- In charge of the implementation and roll out of new HR initiatives and monitoring their impact with staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the SGS Human Resources Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in HR or any Related Course.
- At least two years’ experience of HR support work in a busy organization
- Working knowledge of computer applications eg MS Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook & Internet
- Broad working knowledge of Uganda labour laws and employment practices required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attentive to customer queries and pro-activeness in solving problems
- High standards of integrity and expected to comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct at all times
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below. The applicants are required to upload an application / cover letter in Pdf / Microsoft Word format stating the current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees and copies of certificates.
Deadline: 5th June 2016 by 5.00 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline