Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Project Name: DFID-funded Northern Uganda: Transforming the Economy through Climate Smart Agriculture (NU-TEC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager (FAM)
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: International Development, Strategy Execution Consulting, Impact Investment, Training and Events.
About DFID NU-TEC Program:
NU-TEC Market Development (MD) is a five year DFID-funded programme that aims to increase the incomes and climate resilience of poor men and women in northern Uganda by (a) stimulating sustainable, pro-poor growth in selected agricultural markets and (b) improving the position of poor men and women within these market systems, to make them more inclusive for poor people. Palladium manages the programme on behalf of DFID.
Job Summary: The Finance & Administrative Assistant will provide support to the finance team in the management of finances and administration. The incumbent will also be responsible for contributing toward the project’s mainstreaming of gender and social inclusion initiatives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Finance Support:
- Assist the FAM in all aspects of financial management, including carrying out banking transactions, completing bank account reconciliations, assisting in preparing monthly and quarterly forecasts;
- Support the FAM in the process of payroll payments preparation;
- Keenly verify transactions for compliance with Palladium International's HR and Financial policies and procedures;
- The jobholder will verify all payroll transactions are within budget and advise the FAM on any discrepancies;
- Continuously monitor and review transaction flows and promote process improvements;
- Reconcile payroll with the budgets and the relevant account code in the general ledger;
- Ensure timely processing of pay slips and distribution to all employees;
- Timely processing of all statutory requirements across the group as required;
- Supervising petty cash expenditure;
- Supporting with the preparation and distribution of cash-books;
- Process all provident/pension/superannuation fund payments and withdrawals and ensuring that terminations are processed within the payroll system;
- Work in liaison with the FAM to ensure that all increases, adjustments, leave, variable pay, bonus and commission provisions are accurately calculated and recorded;
- Work closely with and regularly communicate with any payroll outsourcing providers that Palladium uses;
- Ensure that data and figures provided to them are accurate and submitted on time.
2. Administration Support:
- Answer and direct phone calls;
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments;
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Develop and maintain a filing system;
- Order office supplies;
- Prepare, reconcile and submit expense reports;
- Provide general support to visitors in the office.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFID NU-TEC Project Finance & Administrative Assistant job placement should hold a University degree in finance, accounting or similar field;
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in finance and/or accounting;
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology (private sector, governmental, and non-profit) and ability to understand accounting practices and procedures, to analyse data, narrative reports and workload flow charts;
- Previous exposure and experience in inclusive development, including gender issues within an understanding of market systems development.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with managers, colleagues and clients;
- High computer proficiency, particularly in the Microsoft Office suite and accounting software programs;
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe;
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands; and
- Professional and mature demeanour and conduct, especially during interactions with program team members.
How to Apply:
If you want to work for the Palladium Group in the aforementioned capacity should Apply Online by clicking on web link below.
Deadline: 26th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline