Job Title: District Administrative Assistant
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministries
Duty Station: Watoto Church-Kyengera, Uganda
Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent maintains the district calendar and does all the bookings for the district in consultation with the church calendar so that there are no clashes
- Receives and vet visitors and telephone calls and direct them to the appropriate offices.
- The jobholder provides information to the visitors on different activities that are happening in and around Watoto Ministries.
- Maintains the diary for the District Pastor and Provides secretarial services for the District Pastor
- Prepares announcements for the Pastor during the service
- Collates and enters the district’s information on weddings, baptisms, baby dedications and cell related information into relevant databases.
- Manages the District library and keeps records of all the rentals of the books.
- Maintains and updates the cell information at the district
- Ensures all cell leaders information is updated in the Cell Point System.
- Ensures cell maps with hosts information are available in agreed format
- Submits weekly cell office reports and ensures cell tables have all the necessary information at any event plus manages the cell table volunteers
- Ensures that the office is kept clean and arranged properly
- Places authorised notices on the church administration notice board
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the District Administrative Assistant career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of two years of working experience preferably at the front office in a recognized organisation/company
- Well organized
- Effective time keeping skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Possess a high level of commitment to accuracy
- Pleasant personality, good interpersonal skills, communication skills both verbally and on paper, computer skills especially in spreadsheets
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: District Administrative Assistant- Kyengera - First Name, Last Name).
Deadline: 13th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline