Organization: Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Duty Station: Kampala, Western Uganda
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes. It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory-based studies in behavioral economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Administer surveys appropriately
· The incumbent will facilitate individual and group-based exercises
· Prepare and submit daily reports to supervisor
· Coordinating with team members on field activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Field Officer jobs should preferably hold a Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, economic, development studies and/or business administration
· Applicants with experience in qualitative data collection and/or counselling- show proof of this in application have an added advantage.
· Prior experience using computer assisted interviewing or ODK is a plus
· Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory)
· Excellent communication, individual and group-based exercise facilitation, and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
· Excellent note taking ability during interviews
· Previous experience in conducting qualitative research is a plus
· Excellent oral and written communication skills is Runyoro and English
· Personal Competencies: Diligent and organized, have the ability to motivate and counsel others, have a positive attitude, are active and respectful listeners, have strong interpersonal skills, and have passion for community-based social work
Duration: Successful candidates shall be hired for a Duration of 4 weeks, renewable
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their updated CVs and cover letters to: email@example.com and ensure that the subject line reads: “Field Officer: REF NO: BU-2016-04-27”. Only online applications shall be considered.
Deadline: 9th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline