Job Title: Dairy Inspector
Organisation: Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Dairy Inspector
Dairy Development Authority is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. Its mandate is to develop and regulate the dairy sector. It was established under the Dairy Industry Act, 1998 and its objectives are to provide proper coordination and efficient implementation of all Government policies which are designed to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency in the production of milk in Uganda by promoting production and competition in the dairy industry and monitoring the market for milk and dairy products.
Job Summary: The Dairy Inspector will primarily inspect milk and dairy products, dairy handling premises and facilities, enforce dairy standards and regulations in order to ensure compliance with set dairy standards and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct pre-registration and /or regular impromptu inspections to ensure that collectors, transporters, traders, processors, exporters and importers of milk and dairy products conform to set standards and legally registered by DDA.
- Compile and generate statistical data and information for development of database on compliance and standards improvement strategies and policy development/change.
- Carry out regular inspection aimed at disseminating guidelines for quality, safety, hygiene practices for milk and dairy products, dairy facilities and premises to ensure compliance with dairy standards and regulations.
- Enforce regulations such as stopping adulteration of milk and dairy products, transportation of milk in unauthorized containers, transportation of warm milk, etc. to safe guard public health and wellbeing of milk consumers by apprehending and persecuting offenders.
- Conduct market surveillance to ensure that milk and milk products that are availed to consumers meet set dairy quality standards.
- Maintain an effective and efficient system for regulations and enforcement.
- Maintain systems to address consumer/farmers complaints and concerns regarding adherence and compliance to dairy regulations.
- Improve consumer education and sensitization programs focusing on quality and safety.
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for Dairy Inspector should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy Technology/Science, Food Science, or related qualifications.
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience in ensuring compliance with set standards and regulations.
- Prior experience in milk handling, processing procedures and the application of laws and regulations relevant to dairy industry will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a good team player.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic credentials to the address below, addressed to the undersigned. Executive Director Dairy Development Authority (DDA) Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala, P. O. Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17th May 2016 by 5:00 pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline