Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Program Coordinator Kabale
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will assist in providing technical support to the program/cluster in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards and liaise with the Program Accountant and Regional Finance officer on all financial matters relating to the program/ cluster. The incumbent will contribute to improved and sustainable well-being of children by:
- Supporting the effective decision-making and financial sustainability of the program through being a business partner internally and externally.
- Ensuring stewardship, accountability and transparency at all levels through the active resourcing and empowerment of the organization and partners.
- Strengthening cluster and community financial management capacity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer technical expertise and support to the program/ cluster staff and maintain high quality, accurate and reliable financial information.
- Render support in developing program/ADP/cluster budgets in compliance with the program/ cluster/ADPs’ Plan of Action and log frames.
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU financial guidelines and manual.
- Prepare and maintain books of accounts in compliance with WVU policies.
- Prepare and participate in discussion of the financial report with program/ADP team on 7th every month.
- Allocate various expenses to cost Centre accounts made on vouchers in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies
- Prepare petty cash and other vouchers (using Voucher Interface) and submit to the cluster Program Accountant for posting by end of each week (preferred Fridays).
- Adequately manage petty cash in compliance with the Project Finance Manual.
- Coordinate banking issues relating to the cluster’s transactions
- The jobholder will maintain completed/updated stores records and items (stock cards, bin cards, good received notes, stores requisitions and returns books, delivery notes and way bills in accordance with WVI/WVU policy.
- Train and upgrade skills and knowledge of the program/cluster staff and partners on accounting policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing and or a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- One year of post-qualification experience.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Impeccable level of integrity is required.
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Core Values: Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on Core Values.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline