Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organisation: Kiboko Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Kiboko Group was established in 1992 with the incorporation of Kiboko Enterprises in Uganda. Initially focused on the distribution of roofing sheets, the business has since expanded in a group of four diversified companies. These range from pharmaceutical distribution, pharmaceutical manufacturing, distribution of fast-moving consumer goods and premium-quality financial services. Kiboko Enterprises Ltd is the largest distribution house in Uganda with the leading brands in Fast Moving Consumer Goods like P&G, Tropicana, Himalaya and Fogg Deo & Sprays, Philips & Elekta in our domestic home appliances and lighting solutions division. Kiboko Group is recruiting for Abacus Pharmacy (A) Ltd.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant is responsible for assisting and providing support to the team of accountants within the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue tax invoices.
- Issue delivery notes.
- Receive cash from clients.
- Deposit daily collection cheques in the bank.
- Prepare any other external documents for receiving and submission to the banks and other agencies as per requirements
- In charge of processing the local purchase bills for payment of APL
- Responsible for organizing current local purchase invoices, VAT invoices and daily sales invoices and filing for APL.
- Prepare and submit lunch allowance reports.
- Issue credit notes.
- Prepare final CFR report.
- Help HR to verify absentees in the month for payroll purposes.
- Prepare the PCR report.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Graduate in Commerce/ Finance & Accounts or BBA-Accounts.
- Professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA or ACCA will be added advantage
- A minimum of two years of related work experience
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good accounting skills
- High level of self confidence
- Positive attitude
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good team work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of honesty
- Language: Fluency in English and at least one local language
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs either by hand delivery to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
Vie E-mail to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org (please kindly indicate the subject title of E-mail as “Application _Accounts Assistant” )
Deadline: 6th June 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline