Job Title: Graphics Arts Designer (Fresh Graduate Jobs)
Organization: Chemonics International Inc.
Project Name: Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Chemonics International Inc. is certified consulting company that has partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world for overe 40 years.
About Feed the Future Program:
Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative, is establishing a foundation for lasting progress against global hunger. The Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture is a 5 year Activity which will support Ugandan partners, with youth in the lead, to identify and drive forward sustainable, inclusive, and cost-effective approaches that put youth, especially female youth, squarely in the agriculture sector as leaders, farmers, entrepreneurs, and employees. The purpose of this flagship activity is to increase economic opportunities for approximately 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 in agriculture-related fields, in order to increase their incomes and build their entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce readiness skills.
Job Summary: The Graphics Art Designer will be in charge of providing effective support to the YLA Activity by designing and producing graphic art materials for all project communication needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiarize oneself in USAID and Feed the Future branding guidelines
- Work closely with technical teams to learn about their needs which require graphic arts expertise
- The incumbent will also estimate the time required to complete specific assignments as they arise
- Develop design briefs and products that suit and meet USAID and Feed the Future branding guidelines;
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing interactive designs
- Apply innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- The jobholder will present finalized ideas and concepts to technical teams
- Work with a range of media, including computer- aided design (cad) and keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- Proof read to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and working on layouts ready for print
- Obtain approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval
- Prepare finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment
- In charge of preparing final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshoot malfunctions; call for repairs; maintain equipment inventories; evaluate new equipment.
- Provide support in drafting graphic art concepts to be included in quarterly reports, annual reports, work plans, M&E reports, activity brochures, activity bulletins, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID YLA Activity Graphics Art Designer job placement should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree though it is not mandatory
- Students who are still studying or have recently completed studies in design related fields are highly encouraged to apply
- Skills in Graphic Design, Layout Skills, Desktop Publishing Tools (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop etc.) required.
- Previous work experience is not required
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence
- Excellent organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates leadership, versatility, and integrity and very high creativity
- Age: Between 17- 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications electronically with a cover letter, CV, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline