Job Title: Financial Controller
Organisation: Spedag Interfreight Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Spedag Interfreight Uganda Ltd is the leading clearing, forwarding and freight logistics company in Uganda which provides end to end supply chain management. We specialize in supply chain management, consolidation Services, Distribution Logistics, Project Logistics, Warehousing, Airfreight, Transports, Sea freight Overland and comprehensive Logistics.
Job Summary: The Financial Controller will be responsible for financial and management reporting, tax and statutory compliance as well as any other matters of financial control within Spedag Interfreight.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the company's reported financial results are accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards
- Finalisation of accounts on a monthly basis and participate in period closing procedures
- Conduct reconciliation for various control accounts, general ledger vs subsidiary ledgers
- Keen review of reconciliations prepared by Accounts receivable team and accounts payable teams
- In charge of the maintenance of fixed asset register, ensure compliance and controls around capex management.
- Support the Financial Control Team in preparing monthly financial report to be submitted to management
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and business forecast reports
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly budget vs actual trends, together with monthly variance report for revenue and Opex to ensure revenue management and opex control
- Preparation of annual budgets for presentation to Management
- Ensure reconciliation of various tax/legal records with government authority’s records
- Ensure compliance of Income tax regulations pertaining to WHT, PAYE while making payments to vendors and consultants.
- Ensure timely submission of various statutory j returns
- Work closely with various stakeholders e.g. banks, customs on finance related matters
- Design and implement staff engagement and development strategies for your team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field
- Hold professional accounting qualifications i.e. ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience, two of which will have been spent in a middle management position
- Prior experience with an ERP system like Oracle, SAP and proficiency in Ms Office.
- Previous experience in process implementation, and documentation, and should be hands on with business analytics, with very deep understanding of KPI management.
- Prior exposure and experience in a clearing and forwarding or shipping business is a major advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send their applications and detailed curriculum vitae to; firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short listed candidates will he contacted.
Deadline: 3rd June 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline