Job Title: Financial Controller
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting Department Management:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Help develop and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, including relevant accounting controls
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Accurately entering all accounting transactions into the designated accounting software on a timely basis and in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Accurately entering into the Loan Management system all transactions on a timely basis
- Execute the monthly close process, including the development and review of a Trial Balance
- Ensuring the timely payment of accounts payable including processing all incoming supplier invoices
- Work with the Operations and Field Teams to ensure the timely collections of accounts / lease receivable
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed for both Shilling and US Dollar accounts
- Ensure that quarterly debt payments are made on a timely basis
Financial Reporting and Budgeting:
- In charge of the production of complete and accurate financial reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis as required by management, the Board of Directors, Tugende investors, and funding agencies
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure Tugende’s performance
- Calculate and issue financial metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Legal and Audit Compliance
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Keenly monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with Ugandan government reporting requirements and tax filings (PAYE, NSSF, VAT)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or similar appropriate recognized qualification or Degree in Business administration, Finance/accounting, B.com and any other related field.
- At least three years’ experience working at top multinational accounting, auditing, management consulting or other private sector firms.
- Previous experience managing other finance team members and coordinating the team to meet ambitious goals.
- Three years’ experience working in the accounting function, preferably as a Financial Controller
- Broad working knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Knowledge of automated/manual financial and accounting reporting systems (especially Quickbooks)
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Comfort working in a highly dynamic start-up environment and ability to manage confidential information and situations with efficiency, flexibility and diplomacy
- Capability and track record of performing detailed work to a high level with minimal supervision
- Proper and reliable references must be taken up to ensure that the person appointed has a history of integrity and extremely high performance.
- Creative, entrepreneurial and resilient temperament, with the work background to hit the ground running and the desire to grow his or her own skills and knowledge alongside the success of teammates and the company as a whole.
- Excellent research skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in computers and financial software programs, as well as knowledge of internal control procedures and financial accounting principles.
- Age: Between 28-38 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Kindly mark your application as "Application_ Financial Controller" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 12th May 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline