Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/03/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Finance Officer will ensure compliance to donor regulations and the financial controls, policies and procedures are applied in all financial transactions.
- Ensure all the financial transactions and payments are conducted professionally, recorded accurately and promptly within the budget lines provided.
- Prepare cash forecasts and projections and ensure effective cash flow for efficient implementation of project activities.
- Responsible for the ensuring that all accounting records are complete and financial reports as per regulations given are prepared and submitted on time.
- Manage the entry of accounting records in the established accounting system.
- Offer support to the Procurement Committee on procurement of project items/services and accounting against appropriate budget lines.
- Travel to project sites / communities for stock taking and assets verification exercises.
- Keenly review expenditures relating to all accounting documents for accuracy and consistency with donor regulations.
- Ensure proper management of project funds including petty cash and disbursement of funds as per the organization and donor regulations
- Support with field audits of project team and accountability of funds and resources received from the head office for the field operations/activities.
- Actively participate and assist with any internal and or external audit.
- Follow-up on finance recommendations from the head office in Kampala and ensure timely response to all finance concerns.
- Assist the Program Director, Project Coordinators and Finance and Administrative Manager with budget preparation and forecasting.
- Attend planning and strategic management meetings at the head office in Kampala.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance Officer career job should hold a University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or relevant field;
- Professional accounting certification of ACCA or CPA desired
- At least three years of financial and administration experience in an NGO setting
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours with long hours
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English with good computer skills
- Able to work under minimum supervision, independently and in a team
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline