Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Zonal Manager
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will primarily oversee the Zonal accounting functions, provision of technical assistance in the appraisal process and capacity building to clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the MSC financial and accounting, policies and procedures.
- Undertake financial analysis of clients’ appraisal reports and provide financial technical assistance on the loan process.
- The incumbent will also manage all imprest funds at the Zonal office and ensure that adequate float is maintained and expenditure is according to the budget.
- Maintain accounting records of the Zone which includes filing paid vouchers and supporting documents
- Actively participate in the preparation and implementation of the zonal budget.
- Maintain and regularly updates the Zone’s assets register.
- Undertake institutional training, development needs assessment and provision of technical assistant to all clients at the zone.
- Prepare vouchers and issuing cheques upon proper approval and signatures of authorized persons.
- Bank all Company revenue.
- Enter all financial transactions into the computer system.
- Actively participate in the business development services training.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Management and Financial Accounting Reports from the Zones.
- Safety of the company financial assets
- Development of the Zonal budget
- Training needs assessment for clients
- Client appraisal reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Microfinance Support Centre Ltd Finance Officer should preferably hold a Degree (Honours) in Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on accounting (accounting major);
- Professional accounting qualifications is an added advantage;
- Previous experience in automated accounting systems will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of three years of related experience in accounting with a reputable organization preferably in the financial service industry.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good customer care and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams with dynamism, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- High levels of integrity.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, please send an Application Form Summary, download here, and attach a detailed CV, copies of academic and professional certificates indicate your postal address, a daytime telephone contact and names of three referees to the Executive Director using the address below. The applications in properly sealed envelopes should be hand delivered to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner.
The Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46 Windsor Crescent Avenue Kololo,
P.O. Box 33711, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th May, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline