Job Title: Finance and Support Services Director
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: National Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Finance and Support Services Director will provide overall leadership and management of the WV Uganda (WVU) Finance and support services function, by promoting financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information, and ensuring support functions have strategies, systems, skills to support the operations of the office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Strategic Management:
- Provide strategic leadership in financial planning and management in aligning partnership budget between National Offices, projects, grants, PBAS and support offices.
- The incumbent will develop and implement financial policies, ensuring compliance at all levels, and to ensure effective resource acquisition, utilization and safe guarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
- Manage NO budget, cash flow and project funding.
- The incumbent will oversee the budgeting process as per budget guidelines.
- Prepare and submit quarterly analysis of the financial situation of the National Office.
- Manage the development and maintenance of administrative systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective operation of WV offices to ensure both optimal use of resources and customer care focus.
- Establishes and manages purchasing/procurement systems policies and procedures.
- Mentor and supervise all aspects of supply chain from tendering, procurement, logistics and stores.
- Establish and manages the development, regular updating and implementation of WV security guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Manage the development and implementation of WV fleet management policies and procedures.
2. Risk Management and Controls:
- Ensure that appropriate financial systems and controls are in place to avoid significant audit risk ratings, both at the NO and project levels.
- Ensure that management responses to audits performed to the NO and projects are sent on time to the Audit Department, and that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Ensure adequate preparation for GC and external audits.
- Keenly monitor the Financial Risk Matrix.
3. Team Performance Management:
- Provide leadership in facilitating a high performance management culture, open trustworthy staff relationships and integrity to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Ensure partnership finance and business support policies and procedures are understood by senior management, operations/technical staff, communities and board.
- Ensure competent and motivated staff are hired and retained, careers’ are developed and clear succession plan is in place.
- Provide guidance in staff capacity building finance and support services staff and facilitate other non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statement.
4. Promote Financial Accountability and Reporting:
- Design systems, policies and procedures that provide appropriate levels of security and control of WV assets, resources and operations.
- Define and implement efficient and effective internal control systems.
- Provide oversight on MFI financial management.
- The incumbent will be in charge of managing World Vision’s fixed assets.
- Play the role of Disclosure Officer whenever an allegation is received by WVI under the Integrity and Risk Reporting (IRR) policy with regards to his/her specific office.
- Ensures quality and timely preparation and submission of divisional strategic plan, annual operations plan and budgets.
5. Business Relationships and Networking:
- Build and strengthen relationship with WV SO, RO, government, community, church leaders, NGOs as well as other development partners though networks and collaboration.
- Promote shared resource networks within the Sub-region, Africa and the partnership.
- Promote effective networks within WV through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
6. Cost Efficiency and Effectiveness: Ensure adequate cost efficiency and effectiveness measures are in place and are being followed through:
- Promote benchmarks for determining effective resource utilization at all levels. Contribute to the development of appropriate policies and procedures for procurement of goods and services.
- Ensure cost effectiveness through competitive bidding process and quality products/outputs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold an MBA Accounting and Finance, with professional qualifications (ACCA, CPA).
- At least eight years’ experience in Finance and business support roles in the humanitarian industry, four of which must have been in senior management level.
- Broad working knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Working knowledge of and experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements preferred.
- Broad working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & Vision. Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Good financial and program management skills.
- Good Human Resource skills
- The incumbent should be able to live by the World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Core Values: Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on Core Values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 17th May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline