Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: eResources Uganda (Non-profit Organization)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference Number: ERE/JOB/01/16
eResources Uganda is a Consultancy firm that seeks to recruit for its valuable client, a national and indigenous Non-Governmental Organization working to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of the preparation of donor reports.
- Carry out data query in the accounting software to provide information as may be required.
- Prepare various reports for management decision making purpose.
- Actively participate as gatekeeper in ensuring that all transactions are in accordance with the financial policies and grant agreements. Ensure all the financial transactions and payments are conducted professionally, recorded accurately and promptly within the budget lines provided.
- Contribute to the overall objective of the Finance department of providing quality support service to the sectors.
- Prepare the Budget Vs Actual reports ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
- In charge of establishing finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures.
- Provide details on the Cost allocation for common costs/overarching operating costs. Tracking budgeted salaries on all grants and revising the allocation base.
- Responsible for the preparations for country internal audits.
- Participate in resource mobilization for the organization. Assist in drafting project proposals and prepare budget proposals under different RFAs to source for funding and hold resource mobilization dialogue meetings with donors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance and Administration Manager job placement should hold a University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics; A Masters degree is an added advantage
- Accounting certification of ACCA or CPA desired
- At least six years of financial and administration experience in an NGO setting, with at least four years in a supervisory position
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours and days
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills in English
- Clear interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with the technical team on finance and administration issues & tasks
- Previous experience in using different accounting packages such as Navision, Quick books etc
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 27th May, 2016.
NB: The applicants should quote the reference number and job title applied for. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and any form of soliciting may lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline