Job Title: Finance & Administrative Officer
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Customer Service:
- Act in a professional manner at all times when dealing with internal & external clients.
- The incumbent will be prompt and provide courteous service to clients, colleagues and the broader community.
- Maintain confidentiality on all issues relating to the Organization, the clients & fellow colleagues.
- Ensure adequate planning of finances & other operations are done
- Prepare budgets and associated costing for the unit operations
- The jobholder will ensure proper accountability for financial & non-financial resources
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and completed in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure all relevant operational policy and procedure manuals are maintained and current.
- Actively contribute to the provision of an effective service by ensuring accounts and reports are processed and forwarded within agreed timelines.
- Able to initially operate under close direction using established routines, methods and procedures with limited scope for exercising initiatives and judgment, but able to progress to involvement in a range of activities requiring the use of written and numeric skills, administrative skills, effective communication skills and the use of a wide range of office equipment.
- Actively contribute to the effective management of the Q-Training office in consultation with the supervisor.
- Carry out any other tasks as required including; maintain stock of stationary, organisation of appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, completion of receipts, recording of money taken for petty cash, general filing, photocopying, laminating and mail in and out etc. .
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective record and file management system by managing and processing records, collation of relevant data, and maintaining appropriate paperwork.
- Operate and undertake maintenance of all office equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the QSL & QTL Safety standards regarding Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Health & Safety as well as the Risk Management principles.
4. Continuous Improvement:
- Actively participate in and contribute to quality improvement programs and other project activities to meet Service/Accreditation Standards.
- Demonstrate a commitment to good Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Health & Safety practice by; encouraging and supporting the health and safety representative for your work group; raising issues and identifying / reporting all hazards through appropriate consultation processes; obeying reasonable instruction given in relation to health and safety; and complying with Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures and contributing to a safe working environment by observing all Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Actively participate in the organisation risk management process to identify, assess and treat potential risk arising from the business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting and Finance, BBA or equivalent
- A minimum of two to three years’ hands-on experience in Finance and administration and its related roles
- Knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks), data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Broad working knowledge and understanding of the preparation and handling of monthly budgets
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software package
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem analysis and assessment skills
- Good judgment and problem solving skills
- Good decision making skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Work & time management
- Keen attention to detail
- High degree of accuracy
- Information gathering &monitoring
- Good coaching skills
- High level of integrity
- High degree of adaptability
- Teamwork & collaboration
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: email@example.com
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Kindly mark your application as "Application_ Finance & Administrative Officer" in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 20th May 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline