Job Title: Field Logistics Officer
Organisation: GOAL International
Duty Station: Abim, Uganda
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. GOAL Uganda country project focuses on two of GOAL’s three strategic sectors: Health (including WASH and health accountability programming); and Livelihoods. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection and the environment/DRR across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with local civil society organisations, private sector partners and District Local Government to give effect to our mission.
Job Summary: The Field Logistics Officer will support the field office in Logistics function, Provide effective and timely logistics support to all programmes in relation to Supply Chain, Assets, Stores, Premises Management and Fleet.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all OQRF forms are filled in correctly and send all signed OQRF forms to the supply team leader and follow up on status
- Ensure that prior approval is obtained for each article purchased locally in the field location adhering to the GOAL Logistic manual
- Ensure that, in conjunction with the GU Donor Compliance Officer, all logistics personnel are trained in donor procurement guidelines
- Secure best value for money and service benefits on all procurement requests
- Work in liaison with relevant stakeholders in budget preparation and procurement planning
2. Fixed Assets Management:
- Ensure all assets received from Kampala office have an asset number and are engraved properly
- Follow up the movement of assets in your field location and report monthly any discrepancies with the monthly asset register sent by Kampala.
- Supervise drivers
- Monitor all field trips
- Check that all logbooks are filled in correctly, monitor regularly the mileage and fuel consumption, fill in timely the monthly vehicle report
- Follow up servicing of vehicles.
4. Stocks & Warehouse Management: Supervise stores and implement all stores management procedures and associated documents in line with GOAL Logistics manual
5. Premises Management:
- Follow-up on all possible maintenance or rehabilitation works needed
- Regularly monitor all local works to ensure compliance to contract terms and conditions and provide progress and issues reports to the Program Manager.
- Responsible for proper environmentally, waste management.
6. Security and Safety Management:
- Ensure a guard rotation schedule is in place and supervise effectiveness.
- Ensure all guards are provided with necessary equipment (phone, torch, rain gear etc.)
- Support the Program Manager in all security tasks (briefing to new staff or visitors, etc.)
- Keep confidential all sensitive/security related information pertinent or concerning GOAL
7. Reporting: Compile a monthly logistics report and send to the Logistics Coordinator by the 5th of every month.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the GOAL International Field Logistics Officer should hold a University Degree or equivalent, or relevant technical qualification.
- Level 4 CIPS or the equivalent is desirable
- A minimum of three years’ work experience with an NGO in a related logistics function (exceptionally, degree or qualification may be replaced by a minimum of 6 years’ experience directly relevant to the post)
- Previous experience in planning and report writing is an added advantage
- Good computer skills
- Basic supervisory skills
- Highly organized;
- Strong skills in prioritization
- Ability to understand budgets
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent English and a local language
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda via E-mail to: AdminKampala@ug.goal.ie
NB: Please do not attach certificates and indicate the Position applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: 31st May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline