Job Title: Environment Program Manager
Organization: International Lifeline Fund (ILF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
International Lifeline Fund (“Lifeline”) is an entrepreneurial non-profit organization that practices pragmatic community-led development to spark catalytic change that can profoundly improve the quality of human life. Lifeline engages deeply with communities and local partners to bring long-term solutions to clean water and basic amenities that are key to building healthy communities. Lifeline believes communities can create lasting change harnessing the untapped energy of local leaders, women and small business entrepreneurs as drivers of this change.
Job Summary: The Environment Program Manager will be responsible for the management and smooth implementation of the Environmental program in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Team Management:
- The incumbent will serve as the main representative for International Lifeline Fund-Environment towards local authorities, humanitarian actors and partners;
- Actively participate actively to coordinate meetings (clusters, NGO coordination, etc.) in Kampala and in Lira when necessary;
- The incumbent will represent the organization, its environmental activities and programs during field delegation visits.
- Actively contribute to proposal and reports writing upon the program needs.
- The jobholder will be responsible for supervising Environment team.
- Ensure the daily management and coordination of your team -- program objectives, action plan, set-up weekly coordination meetings with senior program officers, staff appraisal, etc.
- Ensure the conflict resolution within your team and inform the country director of relevant issues.
- Ensure that communication for the Environmental Program in Uganda is streamlined.
- Develop a streamlined marketing strategy for both stoves (Okelo Kuc and EcoSmart).
2: Environment Program Coordination:
- Ensure a weekly and monthly reporting on program activities from your team as well as ensure the reporting of all monthly program activities to the Country Director and HQ
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the Environment projects with respect to proposal commitments in terms of quantity and quality (methodologies, indicators and results follow-up)
- Responsible for the transparency of acquisition, utilization and follow-up of all materials, equipment and cash dedicated to the projects;
- The incumbent will coordinate field visits on activity sites;
- Timely inform the Country Director of any relevant issues related to the project implementation;
- Responsible for close supervision of the qualitative and timely data collection and compilation;
- Ensure that all programs are working towards same goals and objectives – creating a comprehensive environment program in Uganda.
3. Coordination of Carbon Credit Program:
- Serve as primary point of contact for ILF’s primary carbon credit partner, Uganda Carbon Bureau (UCB) – includes monthly reporting and regularly scheduled meetings
- The incumbent will compile and maintain accurate figures on the costs and numbers of stove production
- Prepare accurate forecasting of both future implementation costs and carbon credit earnings
- Design and manage a dynamic digital stove-tracking database to accurately record and track all stoves sold
- Develop and refine a stove-tracking system that uses a mix of both hard copy (paper) and soft copy (digital, including mobile phones) to capture data on the individual purchasers of each stove
- Work with current and future stove vendors to implement the above systems through trainings
- Oversee that the collection of the above data stove sales data
- Develop stove warrantee, maintenance, and buy-back systems
4. Stove Commercialization and Production:
- Leading commercialization strategy and management on a daily basis
- Take part in the regular evaluation of activities and performance
- Providing monthly planning for relevant program purchases
- Presenting new marketing and distribution ideas to Environmental PM
- Cooperating with and guiding Commercialization Officer(s)
- Supporting the Stove trainer as necessary with rocket stoves trainings
- Manage all daily tasks and additional responsibilities of the PM while absent
- Perform any other duties to be assigned by the Country Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Environment Program Manager should hold a relevant University Degree
- A minimum of five years’ experience in similar field out of which 3 – years should be at a managerial level
- Previous exposure and experience in project management and proposal writing
- Fluent in English and other local languages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application, updated CV including all scanned copies if academic, professional credentials and testimonials via e-mail to: HR@Lifelinefund.org. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the email subject line.
Deadline: 30th May, 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline