Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment (Coffee Exporting Company)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client, one of the leading coffee exporters in East Africa.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will keenly review and monitor the implementation of M&E management systems and guidelines for measuring and tracking project performance and impact and manage the utilization of data and information in line with the project objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the M&E work of the Company and providing all required reporting on status of projects implementation.
- In charge of undertaking a quarterly update/review of the joint project database based on visits to all project districts with focus on triangulation of data
- Ensuring the accurate and timely input of project information in the internal database system, and issue status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes. These should include success stories, pictures, and areas of improvement in the next quarter.
- The incumbent will be responsible for training and coaching of the Field Staff, Producer Organization Committees, and Gender Change Agents/Community Based Facilitators on M&E tools and how to collect information.
- Through monitoring visits, ensure that Producer Organizations, Depot Committee and Field Staff are focusing on collective demands.
- Work in liaison with the Projects Manager and the Field Officers for effective coordination of monitoring activities and documentation of impact.
- The jobholder will support the Field Offices in putting together a monitoring strategy and plan for all projects key performance indicators and building their databases.
- Develop and maintain an effective M&E system for the joint project. Directly participate in the traceability project of Ugandan Coffee, implemented by the Company.
- Develop and disseminate case stories from the field and out of database. The field visits will also include visual inspections of coffee fields, demonstration gardens; farm field Schools (FFS) Producer Organization and VSLA groups to report on their performance.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned
Key Performance Indicators:
- Monitoring – lead the design &implementation of a monitoring framework to be able to achieve the set project goals & objectives.
- Design the monitoring system including methodologies, tools and indicators for monitoring and assessing the project.
- Evaluation – Lead analysis of data collected.
- Design a process evaluation platform that tracks daily operations
- Reporting – Provide Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports on the status of the implementation goals and objectives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics and Economics, agronomy or agricultural economics, Social Sciences, Development planning or related field as a minimum requirement.
- At least two to three years’ experience in Log Frame Approach in planning, monitoring and evaluation in the NGO Sector. Skills and experience will be more important than specific formal qualification
- Broad working knowledge of ArcGIS, GPS usage and Smartphone applications.
- Knowledge of coffee bulking and marketing concept.
- Previous exposure and experience in operating FFS and VSLA methodology implementation.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in software packages such as SPSS, EMPFO, Excel, Stata and Microsoft is essential.
- Application of qualitative and quantitative M&E Methods
- Excellent analytical quantitative research skills
- Good writing, analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Analytical skills and excellent communication skills and ability to write concise reports and talk confidently/clearly to focus groups, communities and individual interviewees.
- Systematic personality who pays attention to detail, accuracy and exact evidence
- Training/facilitation skills to develop Monitoring and Evaluation tools and strategy
- Good networking and partnership skills
- Dynamic, persuasive and convincing
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- Gender mainstreaming
- Flexibility, loyalty and good team building and working skills.
- Ability to work under stress and respond to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience working with NGO and the private sector within the field of M&E.
- Languages: Perfect spoken English, and the language of the area of operation such as Luganda, Lusoga and Swahili.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 16th May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline