Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Finance and Administration
The Higher Education Students’ Financing Board (HESFB) is a body Corporate established by an Act of Parliament, number 2 of 2014, to provide both Loans and Scholarships to Ugandan Students to pursue Higher Education. The objective of the Loan Scheme is to increase equitable access to Higher Education in Uganda and also support qualified students who may not afford the cost of Higher Education.
Job Summary: The Accountant will be responsible for day to day posting of all transactions into the various books of account, reconciliation and preparation of management accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the preparation and implementation of annual budgets.
- Prepare and submit periodic management reports that compare budgeted costs and actual costs.
- Maintain and regularly update the Board’s asset register.
- Prepare payment vouchers upon proper approval and signature of authorized | persons.
- Post all accounting transactions into relevant cashbooks and keep them updated all the time.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and reports.
- The incumbent will also manage all imprest funds and ensure that adequate float is maintained and I expenditure is according to the budget.
- Filing accounting records including paid vouchers and ensure that all supporting documents are attached.
- Prepare monthly payrolls and ensure timely remittance of statutory deductions.
- Banking of Board revenue and ensuring that all Board revenue is fully accounted for.
- Perform any other duties assigned to him/her by the Manager Finance and Administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with emphasis on accounting (accounting major);
- Possession of at least Part II professional accounting qualifications in CPA, ACCA, or equivalent accounting qualifications.
- A minimum of two years working experience in accounting with a reputable organization, preferably in public sector.
- Previous experience in automated accounting systems will be an added advantage;
- Self-driven with high sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadline with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable level of integrity.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficient with Microsoft Office.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosing photocopies of certificates, updated CVs and three referees to the address below;
Higher Education Students' Financing Board (HESFB),
Plot 1, Lourdel Road,
Lourdel Towers 7th Floor, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 16810 Wandegeya, Kampala. Uganda
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 31st May, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline