Job Title: Drug Quality Analyst/Microbiologist
Organisation: National Drug Authority (NDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The National Drug Authority (NDA) is an autonomous body which was established by the National Drug Policy and Authority Act Cap 206, Laws of Uganda (2000 Edition) to regulate Human and Veterinary Medicines and other healthcare products. NDA’s mandate is to ensure quality, safety and efficacy of human and veterinary medicines and other healthcare products through the regulation and control of their production, importation, distribution and use.
Job Summary: The Drug Quality Analyst/Microbiologist will ensure timely and accurate quality control testing of samples and report results.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test samples in the microbiology laboratory as per approved methods.
- Compute data and generate sample analytical test reports.
- Communicate to the Supervisor/ Head of Department the results of the analyses and tests of drugs and health products with recommendations.
- Carry out analytical method validation and provide reports.
- Participate in inter-laboratory proficiency studies.
- Collaborate and provide technical assistance in support of local manufacturers of pharmaceutical and other health products to strengthen their capacity for quality control and assurance.
- Initiate procurements for all the required or necessary equipment, reference materials and books, chemicals and reagents and appropriate literature for the microbiology laboratory /unit.
- Actively participate in local and foreign GMP inspections to ensure compliance to universally acceptable standards whenever called upon.
- Develop and routinely review standard operating procedures for the analysis and testing of drugs and health products in the microbiology unit in line with internationally acceptable practices.
- Cooperate with other laboratories, regulatory and law enforcement agencies, manufacturers of pharmaceutical and other health products and the general public to foster partnership in drugs and health products quality control and assurance.
- Prepare specifications for chemical reference substances, chemicals and reagents, equipment and initiate procurements, evaluate bids and quotations as nominated.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor/ management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold an honors Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology or Pharmacy
- Proficiency in microbiological testing of medicines and/ or biologicals.
- Five or more years’ experience in microbiological testing of medicines and/ or biologicals.
- Good knowledge of ISO 17025 requirements.
- Registration with relevant professional bodies
- High integrity and professionalism
- Good report writing skills
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office computer programs (MS word, Excel and MS Access, internet)
- Good analytical, reporting and communication skills
- Team player
- Works with minimum supervision
- Good judgment.
- Knowledge of regional and international practices of laboratory product quality control and assurance.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their handwritten or or electronically application letters with a detailed CV and copies of academic certificates and transcripts, contact addresses and day time telephone numbers of three (3) work related referees; should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
National Drug Authority,
Plot 46-48 Lumumba Avenue,
P O Box 23096,
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st May 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline