Job Title: Drivers (8 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport Supervisor
Monitor Publications Limited, a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda’s most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Drivers will transport staff, deliver newspapers and parols to various destinations safely and securely within set deadlines.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives staff or deliver newspapers and parcels to various destinations as assigned.
- Keeps the vehicle in the cleanest and top mechanical condition.
- Keenly monitors the distances covered, book the vehicle for service and ensure it is serviced as required.
- Maintains a work book for each assignment and logs in the distances covered.
- Monitors the condition of the vehicle and reports defects for rectifying immediately.
- Fuels the vehicle, takes care of tools and accessories.
- Checks duty roaster route and vehicles assigned.
- Sorts and loads parcels ensuring the first-in-last-out order for efficient drops en route.
- Signs off the loading strip list and leaves for destination within set deadlines.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Transport Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- The prospective Driver should ideally possess an ‘O’ Level Certificate (Uganda Certificate of Education) or its equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license, with at least 2 classes e.g. CM or DL
- At least 3-5 years working experience as a company driver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a very good command of English
- High drive for results and ability to work with deadlines
- Very high personal standards
- Working mechanical knowledge is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All potential job suitors with a desire to work in one of Uganda’s leading Media Houses, Monitor Publications should express their interest by sending their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with a working daytime telephone contact to: The Head of Human Resource, Monitor Publications Limited, P.O. Box 12141, Kampala. Uganda or via E-mail to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 6th June, 2016